The Department of Solid State Physics and Chemistry (until 2004 the Department of Solid State Physics) was established on April 29, 1993 on the basis of the Departments of Physics and Methods of Physics and Physical Education under the leadership of Doctor of Chemical Sciences, Professor, Honored Scientist of Ukraine, Academician of the Academy of Sciences Ukraine, academician of the International Thermoelectric Academy Freik Dmitry Mikhailovich (1943-2015), a world-renowned scientist in the field of semiconductor materials science, who headed it until the last days of his life.
Bright memory of Freik D.M.: (Freik Dmitry Mikhailovich – a man, scientist, teacher) (. Pdf, 110kb: journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solid State, 2013, 14 (2), pp. 256-258).
History of the scientific school on physicochemical problems of semiconductor materials science of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University (.pdf, 1Mb: journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solid State, 2013, 14 (2), pp. 274-279).
School of Physical and Chemical Problems of Semiconductor Materials Science, Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University in Persons (.pdf, 464kb: journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solid State, 2013, 14 (2), pp.263-273).
Representatives of other departments of both the Faculty of Physics and Technology and the University closely connected their scientific path with the Department of Solid State Physics and Chemistry.
Since 2015, the department is headed by Professor Volodymyr V. Prokopiv.
Today there are four professors at the department: head of the department, candidate of physical and mathematical sciences, professor Prokopiv VV, doctor of physical and mathematical sciences, professor Saliy JP, doctor of physical and mathematical sciences, professor Gorichok IV, candidate of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Associate Professor Nikirui LI; Candidate of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Associate Professor Wozniak OM, as well as engineer Danyliuk OV.
The laboratories of the department are headed by the candidate of physical and mathematical sciences Yavorsky Ya.S.
The department is a graduate in the following specialties:
– 105 Applied physics and nanomaterials, educational qualification level bachelor
– 105 Applied physics and nanomaterials, educational qualification level master
At the department there are:
– postgraduate study in 104 Physics and Astronomy
– doctoral studies.
At the department successfully operate laboratories:
- Molecular Physics and Thermodynamics, room 216 of the Central Committee;
- Atomic and Nuclear Physics, room 214 of the Central Committee;
- Solid state physics and semiconductor devices, room 108 of the Central Committee;
- X-ray spectral and structural analysis, room 108, b CC;
- Thin film and electron microscopy technologies, 111 CC;
- Thermoelectric phenomena in semiconductors, 03b CC;
- Technologies of thin semiconductor films, 07 CC;
- Synthesis of thermoelectric materials, 07a CC;
- Metallography, 07b Central Committee.